Protest to highlight mass unemployment
Organised by Right To Work Campaign
November’s official figures on unemployment exposed a harsh reality:
* Unemployment increased to 2.62 million, its highest level since 1994.
* Youth unemployment passed the 1 million mark. With 1.02 million unemployed 16-24 year olds, one in every five young people out of work.
* In Scotland youth unemployment has now hit 100, 000 – the highest since records began.
* Female unemployment is now at its highest level in 23 years. The jobs massacre has already made 100, 000 public sector workers unemployed between March and June of this year. This disproportionately affects women and ethnic minorities, 65% of public sector workers are women and 32.6% of ethnic minorities work for the public sector.
* Reform of incapacity benefit is set to further impoverish disabled people.
Decembers figures are predicted to be worse still.
Protest Against Austerity & Mass Unemployment
Weds 14th December, 9am
Downing Street, Whitehall, London SW1A
Supported by PCS, Disabled People Against Cuts, Black Activists Rising Against Cuts, Benefit Claimants Fightback